Expert Internal Audits
We have vast expertise in delivering internal audits specific to the sector's requirements.
- Audit plans meet the specific requirements of institutions to focus on the highest-risk areas and deliver value for money.
- Our internal audits provide the governing body of a Higher Education institution with an objective evaluation and opinion on the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the operational delivery of an institution.
- We focus on various areas, including governance, risk management and control processes.
We aim to add value and improvements to how an organisation is operating; we want our institutions to accomplish their objectives with a systematic, disciplined approach delivering profound, long-lasting effects.
Our unique structure allows us to absorb institutional cultures and working practices, learning the strengths and weaknesses in depth.
We also provide a wide range of expert internal management consultancy to provide support and advice during organisational change and rationalisation periods.
KCG has five key stages to deliver a tailored internal audit programme:
- Develop a thorough understanding of your institution and its objectives, through discussion and a review of relevant documentation
- Assess your institution’s current approach to risk management and decide whether it will support the development of a strategic risk-based internal audit plan
- Identify and assess the key risks that could have a significant impact on your institution or department reaching its objectives
- Develop the internal audit plan and obtain agreement from you that the plan is focused in the right areas before approval by the audit committee
- Have regular re-appraisal of your potential risks that affect the scope and direction of the internal audit plan
Our audit plans are tailored for your needs and timetabled in agreement with you.